Sunday, January 11, 2009

BOOK REVIEW: Newfound Medical Thriller Author

I just finished the first of what I expect to be many great medical thrillers by Vancouver, BC, ER physician Daniel Kalla.  I found him while searching Barnes and Noble for medical thriller writers that I had not previously read.  I wanted to send some to my step-mom for Christmas.  By using the "Fans of this book also ordered..." feature, I found my way to Daniel Kalla and quickly scooped up 3 titles.  I shipped 2 to my step-mom and kept Rage Therapy for myself.  What caught my interest almost immediately about Daniel Kalla's books are that some are centered around Seattle, WA.  Who can resist a good thriller placed right in your own back yard?  

Rage Therapy is the story of a widowed psychiatrist (Joel Ashman) who consults with the Seattle Police Department doing criminal profiles.  When his ex-business partner, the esteemed psychiatrist Stanley Kolberg, is found brutally murdered in his office, Joel is called in to help solve the crime.  He soon learns that his ex-mentor was involved in a seedy world of S&M and surrounded himself with a host of shady characters.  When Kolberg's partner, Dr. Nichols, is also found murdered, Joel knows he is likely to be next.

Rage Therapy was a real page-turner.  The characters were engaging, the plot moved quickly, and there were enough twists and turns to keep my interest.  If you're looking for a quick read with a great story line - I recommend you run out and get this one!

For more information on Daniel Kalla, check out www.danielkalla.com 

No comments: