Wednesday, June 28, 2006

On a Clear Day...

...you can see forever! It is an absolutely beautiful day here in Seattle today. The high temps of the past few days have finally cooled down to a more manageable 75 degrees. There isn't a cloud in the sky today, with a gentle breeze blowing. My friend Jane picked me up and took me out to lunch. We ate at a nice restaurant on a lake. Great food, great views, and even greater company! THANKS JANE!

We also stopped by our friend Carolyn's to see her newly painted bathroom. Very nice! It's inspiring, really. There is so much I would like to be doing around the house. I told my daughter that as soon as I can be up on my feet a little, we will paint her bedroom. We are also in the process of getting bids to have a concrete patio poured out back - and possibly a parking pad - and to have the house painted. I would also like to get someone to do some yard work, particularly out back.

I've got 8 more days in my cast! I did find a nifty product called Xerosox that I wish I had known about 3 weeks ago. It is a "sleeve" of sorts that fits over the cast and then you attach a vacuum apparatus that sucks the air out and provides you with a waterproof seal. This would have allowed me to go swimming, sit in a hot tub, take a bath, etc. I couldn't justify spending the $40 with only a week left in it, though. Oh well!

Today is definitely a two-thumbs-up day. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And those waterproof sleeves are nearly impossible to find! We tried to find one for my 3 year old son. Googled Seattle and xerosox. You're site came up. Your leg completely grossed out my kids! I thought it was very nicely done!
Jennifer