Sunday, June 11, 2006

What a Difference a Day Makes!

The fog has lifted and I am feeling much more positive about life in general. Yesterday I attended a graduation party for my neighbor's daughter. Most of our friends were there and it was really great to just get out of the house and enjoy the company of some good friends. Earlier in the morning my wonderful neighbor brought me a wheelchair that he bought at a garage sale that morning. He actually bought 2 of them and then built the best one using parts from each. When his wife delivered it she said he told her, "We need to get her out of that house!" So sweet. There is nothing like the love of good friends to lighten your mood.

Today we met friends for coffee and then took our daughter and her friend to see the new Pixar movie "Cars." I highly recommend it. Typical of other Pixar movies, it is a movie that kids will love for the animation and characters, but parents will relate to because of the inside jokes. Very uplifting theme about the value of friends and working together.

So, all in all, the weekend started with a downer mood but will end on an up beat. The leg is thumping from all of the activity, but I intend to spend the rest of my evening with it elevated on my stack of pillows, reading a good book.

No comments: